Empowering the nation for generations to come
The Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) is one of the world’s leading national oil companies (NOC) with substantial business interests in upstream, midstream and downstream activities, including transportation, shipping, marketing and distribution.
ADNOC is part of the world Top 10 oil producing company.
These companies were created to focus on well defined activities and to build alliances or joint ventures in their respective areas with the most knowledgeable international companies as following:
ADNOC Exploration and production
– Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operations (ADCO): Oil and gas exploration, production, development and export from onshore oil fields.
– Zakum Development Company (ZADCO): Oil development and production from Upper Zakum, Umm Al-Dalkah and Satah offshore fields.
ADNOC Oil and Gas Processing
– Abu Dhabi Gas Development Co. Ltd. (Al Hosn Gas): Development of the Arab A, B, C & D sour gas reservoirs located in the Shah Field onshore of Abu Dhabi and transfer, process, produce and transport the sweet gas, liquid hydrocarbons (NGL) and sulphur
ADNOC Exploration and Production Services
– National Drilling Company (NDC): Onshore and offshore drilling
– ESNAAD: Production and marketing of mud chemicals, material handling services, waste management, specialty chemicals blending; operating, chartering or leasing specialized vessels.
– Abu Dhabi Petroleum Ports Operating Company (IRSHAD): Operating of Ruwais, Jebel Dhanna and other oil ports
ADNOC Chemicals and Petrochemicals
– Ruwais Fertilizer Industries (FERTIL): Fertilizer operation of Ammonia and Urea plant at Ruwais.
– Abu Dhabi Polymers Company Limited (BOROUGE): Processing and production of Ethylene & Polyethylene in joint venture with Borealis
– ADNOC Linde Industrial Gases Company Ltd. (ELIXIER): Incorporated as a joint venture with the German company Linde with the objective to provide industrial gases to the oil, gas and other industry sectors in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and elsewhere in the United Arab Emirates.
ADNOC Maritime Transportation
– Abu Dhabi National Tanker Company (ADNATCO): Transportation crude oil and refined products.
– National Gas Shipping Company (NGSCO): Shipping LNG from Das Island
ADNOC Refined Products Distribution
– ADNOC Distribution: Storage, transportation and distribution of refined products.
ADNOC publishes figures in volume only:
– Crude oil reserves 2011: 92 billion barrels
– Crude oil production per day 2011: 2.7 million b/d
ADNOC Projects and Business Highlights
As all the national oil companies (NOC), ADNOC is the spearhead of the economical and social development of the UAE with a program of 16 major projects.
In this role ADNOC is continuing to develop onshore and offshore upstream through its subsidiaries with major projects such asUmm al Lulu, Satah al Razboot (Sarb), Nars, Shuwaihait and the giant project Upper Zakum 750.
But ADNOC is also investing downstream to increase its local added value from the hydrocarbon value chain with projects such as the just awarded Ruwais Carbon Black project and the giant Tacaamol Aromatic project.
ADNOC is active midstream in the pipeline Habshan – Taweelah project.