The world largest publicly traded oil and gas company
Based in Irving, near Houston, Texas, USA, Exxon Mobil Corporation (ExxonMobil) is listed in NYSE (XOM) and recognized as the world largest publicly traded international oil and gas company.
ExxonMobil is also running the the world largest integrated refining capacity and lube base stock production.
ExxonMobil is covering the all the global businesses of the international oil and gas company across the:
– Upstream to explore, develop new fields onshore and offshore and produce oil and gas
– Chemical to produce the building blocks of the petrochemical industry and high added value specialties
ExxonMobil Key Figures
– 2011 Revenues:$486,4 billion
– 2010 Revenues:$383,2 billion
– 2009 Revenues:$310,5 billion
– 2011 Earnings:$41 billion
– 2010 Earnings:$30,46 billion
– 2009 Earnings:$19,2 billion
– 2011 Capital Expenditure:$36,7 billion
– 2010 Capital Expenditure:$32,2 billion
– 2009 Capital Expenditure:$27 billion
ExxonMobil Projects and Business Highlights
ExxonMobil increases position in Russia in signing cooperation agreement with Rosneft for the exploration and production of the oil and gas in Arctic and to develop tight oil in Western Siberia.
To benefit from the abundant and cheap natural gas from extracted now in USA from the shale gas, ExxonMobil submitted permit applications for a new ethane cracker and petrochemical facilities due to run in 2016 at the integrated Baytown complex on the US Gulf Coast in Texas, USA.
ExxonMobil and Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (Sabic), from Saudi Arabia, agreed to build a new 400,000 t/y elastomers facility in the existing petrochemical complex of Al Jubail in Saudi Arabia for a production expected in 2015.